The answer is yes, but the question is how dangerous are termites? Most people aren’t aware that termites can affect your health. In fact, termites can be harmful, but they don’t typically infect humans. While they are known to sting and bite, they aren’t toxic. Even though they might irritate your skin, they can still cause a nasty rash.
Termites are generally harmless, but they can still affect your health. Exposure to termite frass can cause allergic reactions, respiratory problems, and allergic reactions. If you’ve recently moved into a new house, it’s a good idea to call a pest control company to get rid of the infestation. While termite bites are usually harmless, exposure to the fungi that termites leave behind can lead to respiratory ailments and allergies.
Termites can cause a rash. While a rash from termites can itch and irritate you, they’re not toxic and shouldn’t cause any problems. They’re harmless to healthy people, but they may trigger allergic reactions. Fortunately, the only complications you’ll experience from termite infestations are related to an underlying medical condition. Wood dust, frass, and wood pellets can cause allergic reactions in some people.
Depending on the severity of infestation, a termite infestation can cause breathing problems. Besides the risk of allergies, contaminated air from termites can trigger allergic reactions. In fact, termites can even cause contact dermatitis, which is a symptom of a severe allergy. While these problems are uncommon, you can do several things to help reduce the chances of an infestation in your home. First of all, reduce moisture in your home. High levels of humidity can be a breeding ground for termites, and a weakened structure will inevitably collapse.